Saturday 19 November 2011

And the sun will set for you.


We all make promises, and promise to keep our promises. How often does that work out?

"I promise never to hurt you."
"I promise I will never hurt you again."
"I promise this was the last time."
"I promise I will make it up to you"
"I promise never to lie to you again."
"I promise to never let you go."
"I promise to stay by your side."
"I promise I will never let you down."
"I promise I will always be around."
"I promise tomorrow will be better than today, and today will be better than yesterday."
"I promise...to not promise anymore?"


Any of these ring a bell? When was the last time you built hope intentionally or unintentionally?
Until they give us the time machine, don't promise unless you can keep it. Don't break their hearts because they can break your bones.

The sun will set after noon. You need not promise for a better tomorrow, go out there and make it happen for yourself. You need not plan ahead, let the most unexpected get to you. You need not wait for the sun to rise, make most of what's in the dark and let it be.


Make most of what you've got and what you've not.




5 comments:

  1. Food for thought stuff,eh berry?:D
    Very nice (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. Quite true too. Why promise? Why make vows when you keep on breaking them? 10,000 promises, and none kept? (Backstreet reference) :D
    Well done Berry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best posts I've read in a long time. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I've stopped making promises. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I don't make too many of them....:P Well done on the article :)

    ReplyDelete